Your Right to Privacy as an Arkansas Telephone Company Customer…
OUR COMMITMENT: RESPECT AND PROTECT OUR CUSTOMER’S PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to us. Arkansas Telephone Company, Inc. (Arkansas Tel) respects and protects the privacy of our customers. We carefully ensure the confidentiality of each customer’s telephone account and calling information. Our employees are educated about their obligation to safeguard customer information and telephone calls, and are held accountable for any failure to meet their obligations.
The Information We Obtain and How We Use It
Arkansas Telephone obtains information about customers that helps us provide service. This information is used for business purposes only. For example, we need to know your name, address and the services you buy from us for billing purposes and to better serve you when you contact our service representative about your account. It may also be beneficial for us to know about your telephone bill, your calling patterns, and whether you have special needs, so that we can offer you the most effective services for your needs when you contact us.
We publish and distribute directories in print. Customer names, addresses and telephone numbers are included in these directories without restriction to their use. Arkansas Tel is required by law to provide customer names, addresses and telephone numbers to unaffiliated directory publishers and directory assistance providers for their use in creating directories and offering directory assistance.
Information typically available from details on a customer’s monthly telephone bill that has been obtained in the normal course of providing telephone service is known as Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI). CPNI might include the type of line, technical characteristics, class of service, current telephone charges, local and long distance billing records, directory assistance charges, usage data and calling patterns. Arkansas Tel does not sell CPNI in any form, including billing records, types of service, and calling habits to third parties. We do not use CPNI for marketing purposes, nor do we provide CPNI to any third party or affiliate, except as required by law or in certain normal courses of business, as explained below.
- When you dial 911, information about your location may be automatically transmitted to a public safety agency.
- Certain information about your long distance calls is transmitted to your billing company for billing purposes.
- As necessary, Arkansas Tel must disclose information to comply with court orders or subpoenas. We will also share information to protect our rights or property and to protect use of our services and other carriers from fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of services.
- Arkansas Tel may also use third parties or contractors to so work for the Company, such as billing services. These third party contractors have the same obligations as our regular employees concerning confidentiality of our customer information. In cases where it is necessary to provide CPNI to a third party or affiliate. Arkansas Tel requires that those parties sign an agreement that they will protect the confidentiality of our customers’ CPNI.
- We may, where permitted by law, provide personal information to credit bureaus, or provide information and/or sell receivables to collection agencies, to obtain payment for our products and services. We will enter into with the company or companies with whom we deal in this regard appropriate confidentiality agreements.
Your Telephone Account Information Rights
Under Federal Law, you have the right to, and we have the duty to protect the confidentiality of your telecommunications service information. Although it is Arkansas Tel’s policy not to use or provide CPNI to others for marketing purposes, under Federal Communication Commission rules, without further authorization from you, we can use CPNI to offer you services of the type you already purchase from us, or we may share CPNI with our affiliates that offer different categories of service, if they already have an existing service relationship with you. Arkansas Tel has affiliates that offer long distance, wireless, and Internet services.
As mentioned previously, Arkansas Tel does not currently use or provide CPNI for marketing purposes; however, if we should decide in the future to use or provide CPNI to offer you services that may be different from the type of services you currently buy from us, you will be notified in advance. You will then have the opportunity to tell us you do not want us to use your CPNI for that purpose.
Services to Enhance Your Privacy
You may choose to have a non-published number that will eliminate your telephone number from Arkansas Tel’s printed directory or directory assistance. The non-published number will not be provided to other directory publishers or directory assistance providers.
You may choose to have a non-listed number. Non-listed numbers are not available in Arkansas Tel’s printed directory, but are publicly available through directory assistance. These numbers may be provided to other directory assistance providers.
You may also choose to exclude partial or all address information from your listings.
Privacy management services, such as Call ID and Call ID blocking, are available to customers.
Contact Us: Questions, Comments, Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this statement, you may contact us by calling our business office at (501) 745-2114 or write to us at P. O. Box 69, Clinton, Arkansas 72031.